A plugin for OpenRCT2 that lets you edit vehicles on any ride in your park on the fly.
RideVehicleEditor plugin for OpenRCT2
This plugin lets you edit vehicles on any ride in your park on the fly.
- Select and switch through all ride vehicles in your park.
- Change the vehicle type for each vehicle independently.
- Switch through different variants of the same ride type. (E.g. locomotive, tender or passenger car.)
- Modify properties like mass, number of seats, (powered) acceleration of each vehicle.
- Modify spacing between different vehicles on the same train.
- Buttons to apply changes to all vehicles or all trains.
See it in action
A few people made some great videos showcasing how to use the plugin.
- Git Gud at OpenRCT2 #93: Vehicle hacking with the Ride Vehicle Editor Plugin!, by Deurklink (using v1.0)
- The Joy of Hacking OpenRCT2: Vehicle Hacking 101, by Zarathustra (using v0.3)
- This plugin requires a OpenRCT2 develop version newer than the 29th of December, or release version v0.3.3 or higher when it is available.
- Update OpenRCT2 if you are still playing an older version of the game, otherwise the plugin will not load.
- Download the latest version of the plugin from the Releases page.
- To install it, put the downloaded
*.jsfile into your
- Easiest way to find the OpenRCT2-folder is by launching the OpenRCT2 game, click and hold on the red toolbox in the main menu, and select "Open custom content folder".
- Otherwise this folder is commonly found in
- If you already had this plugin installed before, you can safely overwrite the old file.
- Once the file is there, it should show up ingame in the dropdown menu under the map icon.
Building the source code
- Install latest version of Node and make sure to include NPM in the installation options.
- Clone the project to a location of your choice on your PC.
- Open command prompt, use
cdto change your current directory to the root folder of this project and run
openrct2.d.tsTypeScript API declaration file in OpenRCT2 files and copy it to
libfolder (this file can usually be found in
- Alternatively, you can make a symbolic link instead of copying the file, which will keep the file up to date whenever you install new versions of OpenRCT2.
npm run build(release build) or
npm run build:dev(develop build) to build the project.
- The default output folder is
(project directory)/distand can be changed in
- The default output folder is
This project supports the OpenRCT2 hot reload feature for development.
- Make sure you've enabled it by setting
enable_hot_reloading = truein your
rollup.config.dev.jsand change the output file path to your plugin folder.
- Make sure this path uses
- Open command prompt and use
cdto change your current directory to the root folder of this project.
npm startto start the hot reload server.
- Use the
/OpenRCT2/bin/openrct2.comexecutable to start OpenRCT2 with console and load a save or start new game.
- Each time you save any of the files in
./src/, the server will compile
./src/registerPlugin.tsand place compiled plugin file inside your local OpenRCT2 plugin directory.
- OpenRCT2 will notice file changes and it will reload the plugin.
app.js, even though it's just an empty file. Its existence makes Nodemon happy, and Nodemon is what watches your files for changes & fires off new dev builds for hot reloading.
Thanks to wisnia74 for providing the template for this mod and readme.