OpenRCT2 Price Manager Plug-In
OpenRCT2 Price Manager
An OpenRCT2 plug-in that manages and automatically updates prices for park entry, rides and shops.
- Automatic daily updates
- Manage ride prices
- Make transport rides free
- 'Good Value' pricing
- Lazy tax
- Limit prices to a custom value
- Manage shop prices
- Overcharge for umbrellas
- Manage toilet prices
- Manage park fees
- Bound park fee by initial guest cash
- RCT1: Charge for rides, park entry or both
- Make all rides free
- Full multiplayer support
- Make sure that your OpenRCT2 version is up-to-date. You need at least version
0.3.4or a recent development version.
- Go to the releases page and download the
openrct2-price-manager-?.?.?.jsfile from the latest release, where
?.?.?is the version number. Save it in the
pluginsubfolder of your OpenRCT2 user directory.\ On Windows, this is usually at
- Start OpenRCT2 and open a scenario.
The plug-in will start working without further ado. To open the settings window, click on "Price Manager" in the map menu in the upper toolbar of OpenRCT2. There you can fine-tune the behavior of the Price Manager or disable it altogether.
The Price Manager works in multiplayer games if and only if the server has the plug-in installed. There is no need for the connecting clients to have the plug-in installed.\ Each user will be able to open the settings window, but you can restrict the right to change settings to admins.
- Enable automatic daily updates: Automatically updates the prices every in-game day.
- Enable ride price management: In scenarios where the guests are charged for each ride, the plug-in manages the prices for all rides and enables the following settings:
- Make transport rides free: Charges nothing for any transport ride. This includes the Miniature Railway, the (Suspended) Monorail and the (Chair)Lift.
- Enable 'Good Value' pricing: Charges only a quarter of the ride value, which makes the guests think that the ride has 'Good Value'.
- Enable lazy tax: Reduces the ride prices by the given amount, to balance the vast advantage that the plug-in provides.
- Limit prices: Limits the ride prices to the given amount. Default is 20.00€/$, which is what can be achieved through OpenRCT2's user interface.
- Enable shop price management: The plug-in manages the prices for all shops and all on-ride photos, and enables the following setting:
- Overcharge for umbrellas: Sets the price for umbrellas to 20.00€/$, which guests are always willing to pay when it rains.
- Enable toilet price management: The plug-in sets the price for all toilets to the given amount.
- Enable park fee management: In scenarios where the guests are charged for park entrance, the plug-in manages the park entrance fee and enables the following setting:
- Bound by ... initial guest cash: The park entrance fee is bound by the minimum, average, or maximum initial guest cash.
- RCT1: Charge for: In RCT1-scenarios, the guests will be charged for rides, park entry, or both.
- Multiplayer: Player needs admin rights: On a multiplayer server, only players with admin rights are allowed to change the configuration.
- Update all prices NOW: The plug-in updates the prices immediately, according to the previous settings.
- Make all rides FREE: Charges nothing for all rides. Make sure to have ride price management disabled, or else the prices will reset the next day.
- Whatever you propose.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to learn about upcoming features: Sadret Gaming
If you find any bugs or if you have any ideas for improvements, you can open an issue on GitHub or contact me on Discord: Sadret#2502.
If you like this plug-in, please leave a star on GitHub.
If you really want to support me, you can buy me a coffee.
Copyright and License
Copyright (c) 2021 Sadret\ The OpenRCT2 plug-in "Price Manager" is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.