A plugin for OpenRCT2 that lets you edit vehicles on any ride in your park on the fly.
RideVehicleEditor plugin for OpenRCT2
This plugin lets you edit vehicles on any ride in your park on the fly.
- Select and switch through all ride vehicles in your park, or use the picker to click on the vehicle directly.
- Change the vehicle type for each vehicle independently.
- Switch through different variants of the same ride type. (E.g. locomotive, tender or passenger car.)
- Modify properties like mass, number of seats, (powered) acceleration of each vehicle.
- Modify spacing between different vehicles on the same train.
- Copy and paste the settings of a vehicle over other completely unrelated vehicles.
- Easily apply your changes to all vehicles on the train or the ride.
- Please submit any ideas under Issues.
See it in action
A few people made some great videos showcasing how to use the plugin.
- Mini Vehicle Hacking Contest - The Results, by Deurklink and his DKMP community (using v1.0)
- Git Gud at OpenRCT2 #93: Vehicle hacking with the Ride Vehicle Editor Plugin!, by Deurklink (using v1.0)
- The Joy of Hacking OpenRCT2: Vehicle Hacking 101, by Zarathustra (using v0.3)
- This plugin requires at least OpenRCT2 version v0.3.3 (release) or the newest develop version.
- Download the latest version of the plugin from the Releases page.
- To install it, put the downloaded
*.jsfile into your
- Easiest way to find the OpenRCT2-folder is by launching the OpenRCT2 game, click and hold on the red toolbox in the main menu, and select "Open custom content folder".
- Otherwise this folder is commonly found in
- If you already had this plugin installed before, you can safely overwrite the old file.
- Once the file is there, it should show up ingame in the dropdown menu under the map icon.
Does it transfer over save games?
Answer: yes, all changes will be saved with your save game.
Can someone who doesn't have the plugin still open my park after I edited my vehicles?
Answer: yes, all changes to vehicles will still work if the player does not have the plugin installed. The plugin is only required to make any new changes.
I want to add 100 to a vehicle's property without clicking a 100 times, how?
Answer: in the bottom right corner of the editor window, there's a dropdown with the value
x1. Change it to
x100 to add or subtract by tens or hundreds respectively. You can also hold down the [+] and [-] buttons.
Can I reset the changes I made to a ride?
Answer: yes, you can reset the ride by closing it twice (to remove the vehicles) and reopening it again. All vehicles will respawn with the original values.
Is this cheating?
Answer: yes, I suppose so. This plugin replaces a previous technique involving memory hacking, which is similar to how cheat engines work. This "cheat" is not active until you have made changes in the editor window though!
Can I still play without it when I have it installed?
Answer: yes, the plugin does not do anything if you do not open the editor window.
Is it safe to uninstall the plugin if I don't want it anymore?
Answer: yes, uninstalling the plugin (by removing it from the Plugins folder) does not break your game or save files.
Building the source code
This project is based on wisnia74's Typescript modding template and uses Nodemon, ESLint and TypeScript from this template.
- Install latest version of Node and make sure to include NPM in the installation options.
- Clone the project to a location of your choice on your PC.
- Open command prompt, use
cdto change your current directory to the root folder of this project and run
openrct2.d.tsTypeScript API declaration file in OpenRCT2 files and copy it to
libfolder (this file can usually be found in
- Alternatively, you can make a symbolic link instead of copying the file, which will keep the file up to date whenever you install new versions of OpenRCT2.
npm run build(release build) or
npm run build:dev(develop build) to build the project.
- The default output folder is
(project directory)/distand can be changed in
- The default output folder is
This project supports the OpenRCT2 hot reload feature for development.
- Make sure you've enabled it by setting
enable_hot_reloading = truein your
rollup.config.dev.jsand change the output file path to your plugin folder.
- Make sure this path uses
- Open command prompt and use
cdto change your current directory to the root folder of this project.
npm startto start the hot reload server.
- Use the
/OpenRCT2/bin/openrct2.comexecutable to start OpenRCT2 with console and load a save or start new game.
- Each time you save any of the files in
./src/, the server will compile
./src/registerPlugin.tsand place compiled plugin file inside your local OpenRCT2 plugin directory.
- OpenRCT2 will notice file changes and it will reload the plugin.
Thanks to wisnia74 for providing the template for this mod and readme.